Transgender Employees Face High Risk Of Discrimination
Workers’ identities and gender expression are highly personal matters. Unfortunately, many employees who are transgender or gender fluid may work with coworkers or managers who fail to respect their identities – and their legal rights.
Access to justice is important. At Spitz, The Employee’s Law Firm, our attorneys work fiercely to protect our clients from employment discrimination, including on the basis of gender. We take transgender discrimination claims seriously, giving our clients the level of attention and advocacy they deserve.
How Transphobia Can Lead To Discriminatory Acts
Transgender discrimination in the workplace can occur in many forms, such as:
- Transphobic slurs or comments, including intentional deadnaming
- Sexual assault or harassment, which may be related to fetishizing transgender workers
- Passing up an employee for a promotion because they are transgender
- Paying transgender employees less than cisgender employees
- Terminating a worker primarily based on gender
- Refusing medical leave for procedures, surgeries or therapy
- Forcing a transgender employee to present as the gender they were assigned at birth rather than their true gender
- Discriminating against cisgender gender nonconforming employees out of the mistaken belief that they are trans
Many forms of transgender discrimination may be subtle, but they can all have a significant impact on your life and career. As with other types of discrimination, it can make you feel unsafe at the workplace, reduce your earnings or threaten your job prospects.
Trusted Advocacy For Transgender Workers
With extensive resources and an expanding reach, our law firm has a passion for taking on employers – including large, powerful corporations. Whether discrimination involves outwardly offensive remarks or hidden wage discrepancies, we can investigate your employer’s actions to highlight violations of your rights.
Our LGBTQ clients trust our lawyers to do what is right for their interests. We value inclusivity, respect and transparency throughout the process of reporting discrimination and filing lawsuits as necessary. You should always be able to feel comfortable with the professional who represents you.
Get A Free Consultation Call Us Today
Frequently Asked Questions About Transgender Discrimination
Everyone deserves to work safely, and when your rights are being infringed on because of bigotry or small-minded supervisors, we know how frustrating it can be. Here are a few of the most common issues we see at Spitz, The Employee’s Law Firm.